Tuesday 6 October 2020

Down by the sea

 


I've just been starting on the Annual Autumn Tidy-up in my "unkempt, virtually non-existent" garden.  I have to say, for a "virtually non-existent" garden, I am on my 3rd wheelbarrow-full already, and I've not even got to the main garden yet.  I have cut the Aquilegias back to the ground, and hoiked out all the Feverfew (which grow on a gravel area near the Damson tree).  Around the wildlife pond next - that'll take some time as everything grows very luxuriantly there.

    I will do a good stint out there today and then head for the old pony boxes (originally calf-sheds) and sort out stuff to go to the Tip.

    Above and below: Blue Jellyfish stranded on the beach. Lots of them.  The fatter ones near the rocks, below, almost looked like turtles coming to lay their eggs! They are surprisingly firm if touched with a welly booted foot. . .




We set out to walk to the main headland, in the middle (far side of Scott's Bay).




Stormclouds massing up, but no rain whilst we were there.


The opposite shore - below Laugharne, and the very end of the Pendine Beach as it turns the corner along the Taf estuary. 



Then the walk back - it was about a mile each way I think.  Good for legs and lungs.  If we move to Builth, then we will be a lot further from the beach - over an hour away.  I think beautiful Borth and the Nature Reserve of Ynyslas will be our new tramping ground.

7 comments:

  1. I miss my beach walks when I lived in Laguna Beach. I can feel the wet sand and smell the salty air. Thanks for the memories.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. What made you move parsnip? Glad you enjoyed the walk with us.

      Delete
  2. Do the octopi become stranded due to the tides?

    I would love a beach walk.

    God bless.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. They're Blue Jellyfish, and yes, I guess stranded by the tide. They are a common beach find.

      Delete
  3. How lovely to see a deserted beach! :) I have missed our annual trip to the sea this year. Well actually I have missed doing a lot of things! but I would love to walk on a quiet beach. Lovely photos.

    ReplyDelete
  4. The hills around Builth are a good stamping ground!

    ReplyDelete
  5. Just moved to Borth and enjoying walking along the beach on my way to buy milk.

    ReplyDelete