Wednesday 25 November 2020

A Primrose in November

 Tam and I went for a short walk up the hill today and were amazed to find a Primrose in flower on a bank!  It was the only one, and had we walked around Colomendy (where we have seen them well in bloom on a mild Christmas Day before) we might have seen more.  Tam took the photo on her phone, and I think it could be sideways, but you get the gist anyway.  A little ray of hope to remind us that the shortest day is not too far away now.  Less than a month.


The morning was spent fielding email questions from Solicitors, seller's agent, etc and as I answered one, another would arrive!, but we're hopefully getting there now.

    This afternoon we loaded up the car for yet another Trip to the Tip (No. 6 I believe) and there will be another (hopefully FINAL) one next week, mainly of old mirrors.

    Our evening meal was Kedgeree, which is always one of my favourites.

    Only one box packed today, which was the contents of a small chest we had offered for sale at the last couple of Fairs, but which were mostly treen and metalware, so could take their chances in one of our normal plastic boxes used for Fairs.  Now the wooden one can have two favourite ceramic vases put in it, wrapped in bubble wrap and then a quilt.



These are the vases, and they are tall and breakable!  The photos in the middle are my lovely horse Fahly.


Below: It is beginning to look very bare in places:




A couple of beautiful plates and a corner of a Black Chintz cup (I have 3 different ones) and the top rim of an old Burleyware jug which came from one of Keith's aunties.  These are all packed away now but once we have moved will be back in pride of place on theArts & Crafts dresser. The little flowers and ferns plate has a big brother in the shape of a meat plate.


Finally, the current reading downstairs.

11 comments:

  1. I have moved too many times ! Hope you get all of this worked out and you can have a nice Holiday with no more questions.
    Love the photo of Fahly.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. How many times have you moved then parsnip? How long have you been in your current home? We're slowly getting there with everything, but just want to be done and dusted now. Fahly was (and hopefully still is, though he'll be 26 now) beautiful and very clever.

      Delete
    2. three before I married and three after marriage, the x would fix them up and sell them then we moved again. Our finally stay home was burned down in a wildfire, we moved to a rental after the fire, finally bought a home then the X walked out and left me and the children. I moved out of that home into one I loved but after the divorce I couldn't stay in Laguna Beach so I moved to Tucson to live on my own again. Gosh to much !

      Delete
  2. Primroses are in bloom all through winter at my stepfather's home

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. If it's sheltered and warm, I guess they will.

      Delete
  3. I can't believe you still have flowers blooming.


    God bless.

    ReplyDelete
  4. It is all beginning to mount up now, the move and a new way of life to look forward to. Also, spring when we get over Xmas, and of course the virus that stalks the world!

    ReplyDelete
  5. Hopefully everything will be worked out, so many questions with solicitors. My goodness...

    ReplyDelete
  6. Your book break is well deserved.

    ReplyDelete
  7. How lovely to see a primrose in flower. Sometimes they flower in our garden in December - will check when I next walk up the garden as they are right at the top. Good to see the progress you are making. Have to say moving house sounds the most stressful thing to do. Take care.

    ReplyDelete
  8. BB, as one of my few regualar and lovely readers I wanted to let you know my blog is now available at www.livingthegoodlifeinwales.blogspot.com. Not sure if you can put this in your reading list as I seem to have problem with my URL but you can at least bookmark it. Lou.x

    ReplyDelete