Monday 30 November 2020

Friends

 

Carreg Cennen Castle


I had a phone call from an old friend yesterday - we had lost touch when she had changed her mobile number and now we are no longer going to Malvern, we couldn't pop in and say hello on the way back, so it's been two years since we spoke.  You would think it was yesterday when we last met up and we just carried on our conversation!  Good friends, really good friends, are like that.  It cheered me up no end and we look forward to meeting again when it is safe to do so.


Our other more local friends, P & D, are kindly storing my Fair china for me as I was worried about it getting damaged in the main move.  I have bribed them with Lemon Drizzle Cake, but there will be a better "thankyou" later on.


View from Carreg Cennen car park


Today Tam and I had to take some more "stuff" to the Green charity shop in Llandeilo, and after that we went on to Carreg Cennen, which is just 4 or so miles away, at Trapp.  We had a slow walk up to and around the castle - we were the only ones there, and it was lovely to have the place to ourselves.  Lots of photos were taken but I shall use most of them for future postings.



The selling shennanigans carry on - one step forward and often two back.  We have to take a deep breath when that happens.  We will get there . . . eventually.





10 comments:

  1. Thanks Jill, but it's hard going right now.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Hold on in there sweetheart. It will sort. If can help let me know. Tricia x

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you Tricia. I just want some peace of mind really. We think we have cleared one hurdle, only to find a steeplechase fence in the offing! His solicitors are being VERY thorough.

      Delete
  3. Hope the selling hiccup is soon over

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Waiting to hear back from our last replies. I don't doubt there will be something else rearing its ugly head. Good luck with your sale and house hunting anyway.

      Delete
  4. Hope things finalise soon for you. Love the castle - always good to be able to visit somewhere like that with no-one else around so you can soak in the atmosphere.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Gosh, so do I, RR. I am worn ragged by it and it is just so stressful.

      We were lucky to have the castle to ourselves, and to take our time wandering round.

      Delete
  5. We are all keeping our fingers crossed. Strangely that castle struck a chord, but I don't know which one!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you Thelma. I wonder have you been to Carreg Cennen? It stands high up on a limestone crag and is quite memorable.

      Delete