Monday 31 August 2020

Fajita recipe for The Weaver of Grass

Tam's Fajita recipe

One chicken breast, thinly sliced
1/4 -1/2 red pepper, sliced
1/2 onion, sliced
1 - 2 teaspoons tomato puree
1 - 2 garlic cloves, chopped finely
Blend of 1/4 tsp Ground Cumin, 1/2 tsp Ground Coriander, 1/2 tsp Smoked Paprika, Chilli Flakes to taste.  

This feeds one hungry person - 2 Fajitas!

Cook onion and pepper in pan in a little oil - 3 to 5 mins.  Add chicken breast and garlic and continue to cook until chicken cooked through.  Add spices and cook until aromatic (a couple of minutes), then add tomato puree and a tablespoon or two of water and blend.  Cook until mixture starting to thicken and "dry" a little.  Season, put into wraps, and eat.  This does two wraps.



7 comments:

  1. I have made these when I was younger and had teenagers around. Went well.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. They are easy fare, I have to say. Tasty with it.

      Delete
  2. I love fajitas - don't bother for just myself though. I buy a sachet of fajita mix seasoning - keeps for ages when rolled down and pegged closed

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Before Tam came home, I would just use the sachet of fajita mix seasoning too (in fact, have a couple of elderly ones in the cupboard, come to think of it!)

      Delete
  3. Replies
    1. Give them a try - really tasty and nice with salad.

      Delete
  4. Must copy recipe. I love chicken fajita's. Hubby doesn't mind them either.

    God bless.

    ReplyDelete