Wednesday 30 March 2022

I'm missing the sunshine already!

 


At the weekend I set off down the track behind our property. Part of the woodland on the bank comes within our boundaries though it's too steep to do anything with.   Then I was off through the woods and across the fields to make the most of the sunshine.


I sat on a sunny bank and relaxed (and got my breath back!)


A neighbours' horses enjoy the sunshine. The two at the back are mum and 6 yr old son.


The sheep were enjoying the sunshine too.




The little church which serves the next village over.


This lovely house was sold (very quickly) recently and used to belong to the same family which owned ours back in mid-Victorian times.


Llandewi'r Cwm church in the next valley across.


A good stretch of cut and laid hedging, with the regrowth making it sheep-proof.



First Lady's Smock coming into flower on the verge.


The lovely chestnut Hanoverian again.


Finally, a beautiful oak tree.  I can't wait for the leaves to come through.


I'm still immersed in Barbara Erskine's The Warrior's Princess, and some family history research to answer a Canadian 2nd cousin's query.  I fear I need to go in the sideboard of doom, which is hemmed in with some of Tam's belongings.

8 comments:

  1. Amazing views and it must have been a very pleasant walk, probably a bit too uneven underfoot for me, but the woodlands looked beautiful. Here we have the sea as our views

    ReplyDelete
  2. Parts of it across the fields are quite poached from the horses having a mad five minutes! Part of the walk was along the lanes though and the biggest challenge there (for me anyway) was the hills, but I was surprised I could cope better than I thought, breathing-wise.

    ReplyDelete
  3. I do like myself a good chestnut Hanoverian!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. He's a lovely lad. The stud's last foal as the owner is getting on in years.

      Delete
  4. Such a lovely hike. I love seeing the pictures of your walk. That includes the sheep (we don't see many here).

    God bless.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. The best part of walking alone is I can stop when I like to take in the view, or pause for breath. This is sheep country. Where we lived before there were a lot of dairy herds of cattle, although some sheep too.

      Delete
  5. Quite a walk around with some nice views. Have you been in the first church yet

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Not been in it yet Billy. Too much happening to go and sort the key out, but I will.

      Delete