Sunday 16 April 2023

A hectic week


I'm so tired I can hardly think straight.  I haven't had a good night's sleep all week - ever since my early start on Monday. Since then I've had 3 mornings waking at around 4.30 and up just after 5 (today included) plus one night where I was still awake at 3 a.m. and couldn't get off to sleep.  I have been working flat out on the hideously pink bedroom and just have one section of wall left to paint - I had been hoping I might have enough wallpaper to do it, but no.  However, it's starting to look good in there.  Danny, his girlfriend and their little girl came to stop over on Friday night and they went back teatime yesterday.  Danny made up the new single bed for the yellow room and it looks great.  Final photos when it's all done and tidy but I'm nearly there now and delighted with it.


This hooligan has discovered the ironing basket and keeps going out there and giving her "look where I am" meow to get me to come and admire her cleverness and make a fuss of her! They had a quiet day in Tam's bedroom yesterday, as they were frightened of "strangers" in the house, especially Emma's little girl who was very excited about seeing them again.  Unfortunately they hid under the bed so she didn't get to make a fuss of them.



Canada Geese looking for food on the flooded isle in the middle of the Wye.  We went down for a walk around the Groe and a visit to the playground.  


Danny larking about on the climbing bars outside, and Emma saying I'm too short to even reach that bar!


Everyone had fun!


A pretty studio plate I picked up at Malvern on Monday.


I made a batch of Banana Flapjacks.  Really nice.  Recipe HERE.

I made a vat of Chickpea and Spinach Curry for Danny and Emma.  Half of it's in the freezer now.

Lulu - "I'm a good girl unless I shin up the curtains!!"


Today I hope to garden but it depends if it comes onto rain (AGAIN).  I've got young veg plants to get in (Cauliflower, Cabbage and Broccoli) and must get seeds started off.  Danny cut some of the lawn for me yesterday and the lawnmower is now living in the summerhouse as I can't face lifting it three feet up into the garden over the wall every time I need to mow the grass.

Enjoy your Sunday.


7 comments:

  1. Sounds a busy but productive week. So sorry about the lack of sleep and hope you get a decent night soon. Lovely to see the pictures of Danny and the little girl. Take care and Banana Flapjack looks scrumptious!!!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Got a fair amount done, and oodles of Family History research too (it's so addictive). I will ask Danny's permission to show a face on photo of them all.

      Delete
  2. Well, you sent me off on a tangent. Your flapjacks are what I would call a granola bar here. They look delicious, and I like granola. Do you bake them with the banana slice on?

    My cat loves when I bring the clothes up to fold, especially when they are fresh from the dryer.

    Finally, how I do love that candle stick holder! The candle is just a perfect shape for it.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Yes, but the banana does get discoloured. Tastes fine though.

    Pippi had a good snooze out there - on MY purple towel, which now has white highlights! The candlestick holder is one I bought for Keith when Tam and I visited York. It is made from the top of an old gatepost and the candle holder added. Loved it being repurposed with a new life.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Oh dear, you need at least a week at a full service pampering resort and spa. ;-) You get so much done and have such high self expectations. I'm looking forward to seeing both fisihed rooms--how will you cope w the not-enough wallpaper issue? Paint instead?

    Hope you have a good week ahead.

    PS Flapjacks look delish..here flapjacks are pancakes.

    ReplyDelete
  5. We had guests this week also, a cousin of J's with her husband, whom we've not seen since moving east of the Mississippi. They came in their motor home so had their own sleeping quarters and place to eat breakfast. They also had a little dog who chased the cats, so felines under the beds.
    Like you, I had two totally sleepless nights--brain going full tilt, body tired and aching. It doesn't do much for one's disposition!
    I do love your naughty baby cats--laundry baskets or sewing baskets are such appealing retreats.

    ReplyDelete
  6. I also admired the candleholder - and of course Pippi and Lulu! That's a lovely plate as well. I've had insomnia often for some time now, and it is miserable. I do hope you can get some good sleep now. I'm looking forward to photos of the bedroom when it's all redone!

    ReplyDelete