Saturday 8 April 2023

I need cloning!

 


Back in here today.  I would love to be outside gardening as it's sunny, so that is pencilled in for after lunch - to give my thigh muscles a break from all the bending.  I have been deep in my family history research too, going through copious files of notes from the past 30 years or so and inputting people onto my tree on Ancestry.  I could lose myself in that all day long.

I have been given a beautiful birthday present of a climbing rose (Paul's Scarlet) which will scramble up through a tree or the Rhododendrons and this morning a friend from up the road bought me a beautiful tub of spring flowers.  The colours really cheer me up.  It has seemed a long winter.

The kittens are determined to help with the decorating, but putting their noses to the Stanley knife as I cut in bottom edges is probably not a good career move!



They are absolutely full of beans again and clearly the operations just a memory, although Lulu is going to have scar tissue from all the galloping around and stretching her healing scars - she was spayed through her underneath too.


Pippi has now discovered she can get up HIGH on the tall bookcase on the half landing.  I caught her eyeing up the big paper lampshade above her - certainly don't want her hanging off that and ripping it/hurting herself falling.

Right, my legs are saying Sit Down so I shall have some lunch now.  Have a lovely Easter and enjoy the sunshine.

6 comments:

  1. I could do with two x Me too!! When you get an Ancestry breakthrough and have to leave it hanging!!...

    ReplyDelete
  2. Oh gz - I feel your pain!! But well done for making that breakthrough - you feel you're floating after that happens.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. And started by an off chance remark to someone on a local Facebook page to Pirate's childhood area...and I looked at his surname..same as Pirate's mother...and his photo..those nose and ears....seven generations back, there were brothers.....

      Delete
  3. Happy Easter! You are doing so much, with so many projects on the go - I could never manage that! There's a bit in the New Zealand Prayer Book's Night prayer that sprung into mind for you - "It is night after a long day; what has been done has been done; what has not been done has not been done; let it be. " I find that very relaxing!

    Those kittens are growing so fast - they're almost 'cattens' now, aren't they. And Pippi will be in deep trouble if she tries to leap on that paper lightshade - most likely a 'flattened catten' don't you think!

    Anyway, Happy Easter to you. Our family is away for a holiday, so we've invited two young male students for a lamb roast tonight - students always need a decent meal!!

    ReplyDelete
  4. How could we manage without feline 'helpers?' The now yellow bedroom is elegantly cheerful.

    ReplyDelete
  5. When I managed one of the charity shops I used to say on a regular basis (and in fact some of my volunteers said it too) that I could do with a twin sister to help me out. Running up and down stairs and constantly being called from the bottom just as I had got to the top was absolutely knackering ... although I was lovely and slim back them with a very pert behind!!

    You're reminding me of all the reasons why I will never get a kitten again, especially a female one. The only female cat that I ever kept used to run up an outward corner of our living room, ripping the textured wallpaper to shreds on her way back down. Luckily I had a spare half roll to redo the corner, but we had to hold on redoing it until she was over 18 months old and just too heavy to run up to the ceiling anymore.

    ReplyDelete