Tuesday 23 April 2024

A stroke of pure genius . . .


 This rose support has blown over a couple of times when we've had strong winds - not doing my poor rose any good.  I have used vine eyes and 12" camping pegs, but no go.  I had a stroke of intelligent thought today, and hauled across the two cast iron spud (?) or coal weights we'd had kicking around for years, and tied one on each side with parachute cord (Keith never wasted anything!)  THAT is going nowhere now!

I have had a busy day - Llandod for groceries this morning; then as I arrived back the District Nurse arrived, and between 2 and 3 p.m. it was the turn of the OTs.  I now have to turn the whole room upside down again to make room for the standing aid Keith needs and the, arriving later, supportive wheelchair.  They are also suggesting to Social Services that they visit to look at turning the en suite shower and toilet into a wet room.  That would mean Keith being moved into there.  All this would have been SO simple at Ynyswen, but here it is a huge juggling act!  At least I know why Carers aren't darkening our door - they are not allowed to lift. 

Danny is back tonight, and we will be back to normal - until he and Emma are away this weekend.  Then I will be struggling on my own.  Again, something booked before they thought of moving here, to celebrate his birthday.  Tam is coming on Saturday with Rosie, so I will at least have moral support, but she is NOT lifting a finger!

8 comments:

  1. Progress at least..keep at it x

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Indeed. We were up against "the powers that be" and the "how you must do things" advice yesterday though. Giving Keith a shower using a bath board (as he's always done since having flu last year and then Covid) is apparently NOT SAFE . . .

      Delete
  2. You are solving things one problem at a time...well done!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Well, the powers that be are the ones offering solutions. Let's hope they come to fruition.

      Delete
  3. Yes, little steps of progress. And it'll be nice to have Tam and baby Rosie for a visit.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Looking forward to the weekend. I hope we have nice weather so we can go out for a walk.

      Delete
  4. How lovely to have a visit from Tam and little Rosie to look forward too, and a great idea with the weights on the rose support. Hopefully it will work a treat.

    ReplyDelete
  5. You are making progress. I hope you enjoy your visit with Tam and I am glad she is there to give you moral support.

    God bless.

    ReplyDelete