Thursday 18 April 2024

Sewing patchwork curtains

 These are for the summerhouse.  The two small curtains are finished and up and I decided to use huge 16" blocks to make up curtains for the two bigger windows. I sewed the first two late afternoon.



These lilac colours were amongst the red strips I bought (black and dark blue ones too).  If they can't be merged near a blue square I'll turn them into a cushion cover.  The colourway out there is predominantly red but these were too pretty not to use.



Current downstairs reading.  I can recommend her novels.

Keith has been eating better, but needs to improve his water drinking . . .   I waited beside the phone all day today, as Assist were meant to be phoning me to tell me about Carers. I phoned twice. Keith passed their Panel discussions, but guess what, the Brokerage Team don't seem to have found anyone to come and do the Caring.  This was fairly vital as Danny is away tonight, and not returning until Tuesday night, as he's going to Spain where a friend is having his Stag do.  Emma and I will have to manage as best we can, but Danny's strength will be much missed and Keith won't be able to have a shower etc.  OT are coming out on Tuesday, but by then he won't have done any walking for 4 days and so they won't be able to assess him.  It is beginning to look that the Council can no longer provide the Carers they say they will pay towards . . .

Off to bed now, but sleep will be at a premium as I will be worried about Danny driving through the night to firstly Carmarthen, to pick up friends, and then to Bristol Airport.  A different set of worries for the wee small hours.


7 comments:

  1. Oh, Jenny. I think that you will always find something to worry about! I love your sewing project though. Very clever use of fabric.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Those curtains will be lovely. I really do like the reds.

    Hope Danny has a good time and that the Council finally finds Carers for Keith.

    God bless.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Hugs and safe travels for Danny.

    ReplyDelete
  4. The flowery pastel fabrics would have fit perfectly in a quilt top I finished tonight, meant as a gift for a friend. Its a pity we don't live close enough to swap fabric pieces!
    Having a family member traveling to party is always a worry--lack of sleep, not to mention other factors.
    The 'red tape' involved in getting care help for Keith has to be utterly disheartening.
    You do well juggling it all even though you are surely exhausted.

    ReplyDelete
  5. I wonder if we ever stop worrying about our children?.
    Hope you managed Keith to bed OK. And the council don't seem to be much use at all in helping - hate the way it's now all going to pot.
    Clever idea for making curtains - they look very cheerful

    ReplyDelete
  6. Sending more hugs..they are always needed xx

    ReplyDelete
  7. Lovely curtains. The summerhouse is going to look beautiful. A shortage of carers is an issue here in Canada too. I really wonder at the planning skills of those supposedly in charge. An upgrading in home care would save millions on hospital care. Lovely weather here and I'm about to go out and revamp the strawberry bed.

    ReplyDelete