Sunday 28 April 2024

Shattered

 Last night I woke at 2.45 and was still awake at 5.45, then the alarm went off at 6 and I WAS sleeping then.  Danny's car broke down when they were away at the weekend (Cardiff, to celebrate his birthday) and so I have to be up early to take Emma to the train to Carmarthen - she is working away there for two days.

Tam and Rosie were here for the weekend, and I didn't stop.  I can hardly say what I did, except it was non-stop - cooking a curry for our tea, washing up, seeing to Keith (this mops up several hours), washing up, helping Tam with a crying Rosie (she is a colicky baby), baking a Lemon Drizzle cake for Tam to take back with her, washing up, stripping and making up a fresh bed, washing bed linen and hanging up, washing D&E's stuff and hanging up, seeing to Keith, sewing a little Barbie-doll quilt for "I" (she's always pinching my clean dish cloths for them!) and when I went out late Saturday afternoon to do half an hour's gardening, it began to pick with rain and then our chatty farmer neighbour came by and I stood in the rain and chatted to him for half an hour . . .  He is interested in local history, so likes to have a natter - don't think his brothers are interested.  Oh and I also researched and priced items for the Antiques Fair next weekend . . .

So what with baby cuddles, and her NOT wanting to sleep, it was pretty tiring.  

Anyway, I finished the Barbie-quilt,

and the last curtain for the summerhouse, and now perhaps I can finish the last quilt I began over 3 years ago.  If I get the time, that is.  I really MUST try and get out and carry on weeding in the garden because once May is here everything goes into overdrive.  I need to finish pricing stuff too . . .


Now, I must away and take Emma to the train, and it's back to look after Keith and take "I" to school and then dance later on. No peace for the wicked.

12 comments:

  1. Not surprised you ar shattered, it sounds exhausting.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Had D&E been here, it would have been much easier. He only has a birthday once a year though. The hardest part was trying to get Keith further up the bed - even with the sliding sheet I was struggling.

      Delete
  2. My first son was a colicky baby too - it not easy for a new Mum, and especially one that is breast feeding. However, she will come through it and more than likely turn into a very happy and contented child - that was my experience.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Good heavens, you may be exhausted but you will never be bored with all that goes on at your place. Seriously, though, I hope you soon get time to have a proper rest and recharge of your batteries.

    ReplyDelete
  4. That is non stop....that half hour stop and natter would have done you a power of good ((0))

    ReplyDelete
  5. I'm worn out just reading what you've been up to.

    ReplyDelete
  6. Just reading about all you do is exhausting, how you are actually managing it is a miracle.

    ReplyDelete
  7. I feel exhausted just reading your blog. Do hope you managed to get out into the garden, I find a few hours with your hands in the dirt works wonders for your mind. I've done a load of washing and housework today, also mowed both the lawns, although my neighbour said now you've sold why bother!!! More cupboard sorting and another trip to the tip. Hope your week improves. Hugs Gill Xx

    ReplyDelete
  8. You must be totally exhausted!!!! I do hope that you get a decent sleep tonight.

    God bless.

    ReplyDelete
  9. Oh gosh, no wonder you are shattered! I hope you can slow down some now. The Barbie quilt is lovely. What a lucky little girl! Now, rest.

    ReplyDelete
  10. Oh Jennie did not someone tell you that family can be exhausting ;)

    ReplyDelete
  11. Whoa. That is way too much activity for me. Even WITH coffee! But what I do love is that in the midst of this halcyon, you sat down to make a quilt for a Barbie doll. I can guarantee you that you have given little I a most treasured memory.

    ReplyDelete