Friday 3 May 2024

Galloping through . . .

 I am sat here surrounded by stickers, labels, unopened letters, a glass display case and stock, and eating my pancake and strawberries breakfast (thanks Danny).  I went on a foray into the attic yesterday - oh my goodness, more boxes of pre-Covid stock that I have no room for on my stand - but I did liberate a carrier bag of old horsey book illustrations (hunting and point to pointing and some floral ones) which I bought in 1979 (horsey ones) and which I had intended to get framed and never did.  Time to pass them on.  Such things cost 25p in those days - coloured ones 50p.  Pretty well all by Lionel Edwards.  I shall probably be bringing them all home with me! 

No chance to visit the bluebell woods at Crickhowell this year . . .

I have been busy repricing old stock, needing to clear it, and will do "good deals" on everything.  The weather is looking rainy today and a chance of some sunshine and being drier tomorrow.  Currently contemplating the quick buff up with Briwax of a "Penny Chair"* which has turned up at the back of the stables.  Don't need it . . . (*One with a round seat).

I'll try and get some photos of my stand to include later.

5 comments:

  1. So was the rug quest successful?! Hope you have a good fair with lots of people dropping by your stand. I guess you’re at Malvern for the May Day fair. Our T is up to Brecon today for a weekend of walking and camping with his oldest friends. We were walking in our local bluebell woods yesterday when T phoned so we shared the views on the iPhone camera - our bluebells are still beautiful thanks to our cool damp spring so hope you can get over to Crickhowell next week. Soul time becomes even more important when you’re caring. We had the follow-up GP appt yesterday after the emergency appt when S was feeling so poorly and then later that day he fell and needed hospital treatment. He is so much better now but it transpires his BP is very low which was probably why he fell. Anyway this week we have cleaned windows, gardened, walked, cycled 13km and swam for an hour so he’s not doing too badly and we’re now buying full fat milk to try and increase his weight of 59 kilos. We both eat like horses plus he has high calorie snacks (homemade chocolate brownies with clotted cream for afternoon tea this week!) between meals which I do not indulge in. Do look after yourself BB. I try and do something every day for my soul so Monday was yoga, Tuesday was walking in the bluebell woods with my friend who lives by the sea, Wednesday was Swimfit and I went out in the evening with a friend to watch Carmen in Petworth, yesterday after a walk and chat with my son who really does understand I spent a couple of hours upstairs quietly spinning and plying John Arbon Exmoor wool while looking out over the garden and listening to the birdsong and counting my blessings. Today my grass cutter is coming for his fortnightly visit which makes me happy and I’ve got veg seeds to prick out and Cosmos Xanthos, Gaura The Bride and primrose wallflowers to plant in the cattle trough now I have removed the diseased tulip bulbs. If it stays dry we will pop down to Arundel Castle gardens for the first time this season where we get free admission as part of our HHA membership. I’ve never seen Arundel Castle in the spring and there are still lots of tulips in flower from their Tulip Festival which ran throughout April. Have a good day BB and do try and get out for a short walk between sorting and pricing to stretch your legs - you know you will feel better for it. Sarah x

    ReplyDelete
  2. I'll answer properly later. (Sunday I expect or even Monday). No, I abandoned search for holiday let with the rug. I'd gone several miles without seeing any sign for it - or any farm looking like the one I'd seen on google. Overwhelmed with tiredness and stress.

    Stall mostly set up apart from the load I'm taking in tomorrow morning! Some pricing needing to be done as well. Looking after Keith takes about 6 hours of my day, and I don't seem to be able to have time even for a local walk these days, let alone a day out somewhere. I can only do the Fair because Danny isn't working and can cover for me.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Pancakes and strawbs...mmmm!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Good luck on your sale.

    God bless.

    ReplyDelete
  5. Good luck with the fair, am sure it will be tiring but it will equally boost you to be back doing what you love x Danette

    ReplyDelete