Tuesday 30 April 2024

I like an adventure!

 Time is at a premium here.  I really WILL try and answer recent comments (I did start) but life has been so hectic.  Yesterday I had phone call to Dr, from Dr, visit from District Nurse, OT's, trip to Hospital in the morning (my blemish ISN'T skin cancer or even anything to worry about at all, thank heavens), two school runs, trip to surgery to pick up prescription, then to Boots, then to Co-op and I rounded the day off nicely with a trip to Carmarthen and back in the evening to pick up Emma as Danny's car still at garage.  Of course, the problem it has isn't covered by the 1 year warranty . . .

Then I had a message from Tam, on Weds (it is now 5 a.m. Weds and I can't sleep - another 3 hours short on sleeping), could I go to Brecon to pick up a rug she'd bought?  Turns out it's at a holiday cottage in the middle of blardy nowhere, TRULY, between the river Usk and the Eppynts.  Oh I'll have great fun finding that as I don't have a satnav. . .  At least I have followed the last few miles on Google Earth - single track (barely) lane and I have a Brecon Beacons map.  It's the time as much as anything as I am still TRYING to prepare for the Fair and Gabby is here tomorrow, but I shall rope her in.

Danny is picking up the slack on Keith's care but I hate not being here for him. 

So, if everything goes very quiet on here - I can't post at weekend, sorry - don't worry.  I am just turning myself inside out!  Back to bed now, with a lovely dawn chorus to lull me off (I hope)

10 comments:

  1. You're in a whirlwind 🙃😕

    I have never got on with satnag..proper OS maps...or at least Mr Goggles satellite view and street view

    ReplyDelete
  2. Take care my dear BB. Remember the straw breaking the camel’s back and do check road closures around the Epynts due to firing practice before you leave. I have to ask though why cannot T’s partner collect the rug. It could be a lovely adventure for the three of them this weekend with lunch at the Black Bear near Usk. Sarah x

    ReplyDelete
  3. I have realized there is provision for comments after all this time.... been catching up with your busy, busy life Jennie, no wonder you get so over tired! I think a trip to the back of beyond to pick up a blanket is just the ticket

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Rosie - SO good you can comment. Hectic here, but just about prepared for the Fair this weekend. Setting up this afternoon (Friday). The trip to the middle of nowhere ended up very stressful as tiny lane went on and on and on and no sign of the holiday let. I gave up - then had Tam telling me why didn't I use the Google satnav on my phone . . .

      Delete
  4. I hope you did manage to get back to sleep, you will need it. Good luck with the navigating and all that you do.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I did, and have had two good nights' sleep since which has made a huge difference. Navigation - nil points! My OS map let me down. Plus some farm turnings had NO names up.

      Delete
  5. I use my phone for navigating, and quite honestly, I don't know how I ever managed without it! Enjoy your adventures!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I will have to get my head around that. This phone much easier to use than the old one I inherited from Danny.

      Delete
  6. I do hope you got a bit more sleep. You are stretched so much.

    God bless.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Yes, and the final straw finally broke me on Wednesday night - cat fight.

      Delete