Wednesday 7 August 2024

A good tick-list today



Physio appt.  Tick.  I was told my toe was much stronger which showed I had diligently done the exercises. Too true I had.  I need to walk and drive without pain.

Charity shop visit to give them some of Keith's older and less desirable books.  Tick.

Rehoming both the strollers at another Charity shop.  Tick.

Shopping done in Aldi.  Within budget.  Tick.

Shopping done in Tesco.  Within budget.  Tick.  I have pretty well got food for me and the cats for a fortnight, bearing in mind I have stuff in freezer and store cupboard.  I had £6.50 in Tesco vouchers, so used them.

Tinned stuff I bought for Keith (and I don't need or like) taken to the Food Bank in Tesco.  Hope someone likes Sardines . . .  Tick. 

A leisurely visit to the Llandod Museum.  The girl who was in reception came up and we had a lovely chat.  However, bad news for the Museum as they have to move displays to upstairs only, and the Library is going downstairs . . .  The Geology cabinets will suffer, and sadly also the Kilvert Corner.  It looks like they will just be keeping his desk, chair and writing slope, with a couple of photos of him.  So Ragged Robin, PLEASE visit soon, whilst all the other collection from the Kilvert Society is on display.  After this the water colours and writings from other - more distant - family members will go to the Archives to be kept safe.  



This afternoon I have been pottering in the garden.  I got the mattock and spade out and excavated a suitable size hole for Scarborough Fair.  She's nicely tucked in now and looks really pretty.  Whilst I was at it I planted a Rose Campion next to her, and the White Cranesbill on the other side - this was the one which I thought had turned out to be a Johnson's Blue, but I'd overlooked it amongst the plants to be planted.

I had a natter with one of the farmers up the hill and prevailed upon him to move a clematis for me, which was too heavy for me to heave far as in a big ceramic pot.  It's one that didn't thrive where it was before and kept getting nobbled by the slugs.  Now it is 6 feet tall and has just put out some buds (it's normally a spring flowering one).  I'm pleased with that.

Waiting for Gabby to arrive, and I thought Danny was coming here tonight too but no sign of him and so perhaps he's changed his mind and will travel up to Aber from Carms tomorrow.  He's not very good at communication, bless him.  He turned up shortly after my writing that!

I have been listening to Sarum all day (last hour now) and had better put my phone on to charge.  See you all Friday . . .

17 comments:

  1. Will be thinking of you tomorrow.

    ReplyDelete
  2. I’ll be thinking of you tomorrow dear J x I hope it is a peaceful and calm moment for you all and afterwards you can have a nice walk and a good sleep. X x x x

    ReplyDelete
  3. I'm thinking of you and your children. You have been so busy sorting and clearing things. I hope all goes smoothly. Grace and peace to you.

    ReplyDelete
  4. I read this shortly after emailing you. I had remembered that Thursday is when you are gathering as a family to scatter Keith's ashes, but wasn't sure if you would need to be leaving today [Wednesday] for an over night.
    There will be the tears of loss--but I hope there will be a few laughs as you recall Keith as the personality and character he was through the years. It sounds as though he was a feisty witty man with a wry sense of humor.
    The new rose is lovely--the David Austin's are special.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. It's the funeral today - his ashes will be scattered at Scarborough in a year's time, when emotions aren't so raw. Yes, Keith had a huge personality and a very sharp brain. He was funny and witty and cheeky and indeed, had a wry sense of humour.

      Delete
  5. My best thoughts for you all tomorrow.

    ReplyDelete
  6. Will be thinking of you all tomorrow.

    God bless.

    ReplyDelete
  7. I forgot to put my name x it’s my comment under Rustic Pumpkin’s x Danette xx

    ReplyDelete
  8. Sending love and thoughts tomorrow.

    ReplyDelete
  9. Thinking of you today. Prayers and peace to you all. (Wiltshire)

    ReplyDelete
  10. Lovely to read all about your days. Thinking of you - especially today - 😘
    Alison in Wales x

    ReplyDelete
  11. Thinking about you and your family today .

    ReplyDelete
  12. Thank you for all your comments. Today will be hard.

    ReplyDelete
  13. Thinking of you today BB. Lean on your wonderful children who are there to support you. Sarah x

    ReplyDelete
  14. I will be thinking of you and your family today.

    (Thanks for letting me know about the museum and Kilvert etc collection).

    ReplyDelete
  15. Thinking of you all today...much love. ~ Melanie xo

    ReplyDelete
  16. I was thinking about you all yesterday. I hope there were lots of happy memories, and comfort to be had from being together. xx

    ReplyDelete