Thursday, 24 September 2026

Back in working order again

 I really enjoyed my walk today, up hill and down dale, with my hips free and some energy again.  I stopped for a chat with my horsey friend, who was mucking out.  Then Tam did a video call, so I sat down for that one.


Today was Operation Wasp and I feel like a mass murderer now (which I am, but it had to be done as they were all up in the attic as well . . .)  Once all dead I will get Pam to help me cover over the hole in the plasterboard caused by the roof guys when the chimney was taken down.  


The cats and I had to stay inside for a couple of hours after he'd sprayed them.  He said they get very angry when you intrude on their nest area.  He used his bino's to survey where they were going in beneath the lead flashing and said there was a big "ball" of wasps at the entrance.  It was a big colony.


The steepest bit of my walk today and I managed it well.  This should help my peak flow levels which had dropped significantly from not being able to walk much in the hot summer.



I managed 15 blocks this afternoon.  I shall get some more of the snowflake fabric and make a calming buffer around the brighter blue.  I will probably get some more of the beigey butterfly fabric too.  That came from Doughty's but I will wait until I go to Malvern Sewing and Quilt Festival and buy it there, to save the fuel on a journey to Hereford.  £2 a litre round here now . . .  I enjoyed my sewing today.  


I listened to SUCH a brilliant podcast on the Rest is History today (NO. 583).  It was a chap who was born in the area of my home town where I grew up!  Sadly there was just that one reference to it at the beginning.   It is called: The Lion, the Priest and the Parlourmaids:  A1930's Sex scandal.  It was all absolutely true but blimey you couldn't have made it up and the newspapers must have been loving every second of the trial.  Dom and Tom seemed to think he was largely not guilty but very naive. . .  DO listen if you can.  Chap was on a very good stipend in Norfolk, but spent all week down in London, helping "fallen girls" - he liked them around 16 or so!  But he was just helping them, really!  He used to bring them bak - 200 or so a year - to his wife and family and get them to be maids with no pay.  His wife NOT best pleased!  The lion was apparently what did for him . . .  Enjoy.  I use Spotify to channel in to these podcasts.


Off to have a glass of wine and enjoy a new library book,  The Turning Tide by Catriona McPherson. "The perfect rea for those who enjoy the bygone world charm of Nancy Mitford, Evenlyn Waug and Agatha Christie".


No comments:

Post a Comment