Here you go Tam fronm Llandod, when you reach this National Cycle Network sign, you are near the blackberries. You will probably have to be quick though, as the heavy rain we had last night has knocked a few off.
The humidity is very high today - about 78 - which didn't help my breathing any when I was out on my walk. I had zero energy as well, as Rosie is cutting the last big molars and wouldn't settle for bed until 11 p.m.! Poor Tam is exhausted as it would appear she has Long Covid - no energy, breathing very reactive to struggling with a difficult toddler - she really did NOT want to be strapped in her car seat. Poor Tam had to step away to try and get her breath back whilst I kept Rosie from escaping. She is very b-minded and determined, that little girl. A true Aries! Tam's also been losing her hair, and has a brain full of cotton wool. She went to the GP in February, but the Symbicort inhaler he gave her just made her breathing worse. I'm hoping she can remember to keep taking her iron tablets and then go back and have her health reviewed again.
Anyway, they are on their way home now, but Tam has forgotten her little cool bag so the contents of that will be chucked/eaten (I don't eat Avocado).
Before they left, we had a wander round the garden. One of Tam's Winter Squash has been cross pollinated by what appears to be something in the pumpkin line as it is round and orange, and NOT more tubular and grey, which her Winter Squashes were meant to be. The 3 ones on the other plant are the right beasties, but tiny and I doubt will get big enough to be worth harvesting before the colder weather knocks them back. My Telegraph cucumbers are big and fat at one end with a pathetic growth to lengthen at the other. Hmmm. This hot summer did not encourage them in any way.
Here is my gorgeous girl. The house feels SO empty now they have gone home.
I am going to sit down with my book now I've tidied up a bit. I have been organized and put the recycling out as they are coming round earlier now and I don't want to be rushing in the morning.
Have a good week all.


No comments:
Post a Comment