..... so I am very glad that the car is packed up and we drive in at the Fair and unpack under cover. I might get a bit damp putting the 2nd lot in (mainly boxes of v. old stock which will go on a £10 and under table), but I'll live.
Feeling tired as Alfie woke me yowling to go out at 4.30a.m. and I didn't get back to sleep. I will probably have to have a mini nap before going to set up. Still, I began the day well and stripped and remade my bed before I came downstairs, and have the duvet cover in the washing machine already. I made sure the bed was remade straight away as no way did I want to wander up there at bedtime and realize to my horror that I had forgotten!
I've nearly finished Running for the Hills. One bit was quite frightening - an odd man in green shorts had been on their land, looking for a pathway to the mountain or something. Not quite your normal hiker. Then that night Jenny (the mum) decided to take the dogs into the house for protection as she had a bad feeling about him. Just as well as in the middle of the night the dogs were going hysterical with barking because they heard someone outside. This happened several times and she phoned the police, but it was an hour and a half before they arrived. When they came downstairs, the most aggressive of their dogs had nearly bitten through the windowsill wood trying to get out to see off the intruder. As they lived in splendid isolation high up on the mountainside, with no near neighbours, this would have been an awful experiencce. One wonders what would have happened if the dogs had been outside as usual - they may have come out to a corpse! The aggressive dog was very territorial and even if it saw walkers a mile or so away, would race off to bite them!! It makes living through a blizzard and opening the door to find a wall of snow an absolute breeze in comparison. Fortunately they were rescued by neighbours, who took them down to their farmhouse before they ran out of food.
I made a chocolate apple cake yesterday, and bought some ham for rolls. I will get the rolls this morning. At least they will be a day fresher. So, we will see what the weekend brings. I just hope I can shift the very old stuff by half pricing it.
Enjoy your weekend.
P.S. Trying to comment on various blogs but the comments won't publish. Anyone else having this problem?

No comments:
Post a Comment