I have to say the attitude of this ancient stone has not improved since I last visited, and it has a distinctly unpleasant vibe. We were last there in 2018.
A 9th - 10th C cross stem.
A lightly engraved Maltese Cross design on this early Christian monument, which dates back to 9th - 10th C.
Nearly all the memorials to local men (mariners) in the church, attested death by drowning . . . They sailed very dangerous seas. Cardigan was once an incredibly busy port.
Pensacola is in Florida.
Someone was a dab hand with this patchwork wallhanging of the Three Wise Men.
A general view of the church interior.
A beautiful painted Reredos above the alter.
A more modern take on Biblical stories in this stained glass window.
Outside are the remains of St Dogmael's Abbey, which must have been stunning before the Dissolution of the Monasteries. Henry VIII had a lot to answer for.
Here you go, Sue in Suffolk. The lovely old Mill. Rose has had a good pruning though.
This was taken in 2014.
And again, in 2014 . . .
I hope you have had a pleasant weekend.

























No comments:
Post a Comment