I slept for 11 hours last night, which gives me some sort of idea that I had overdone things or had a bug. I have done little today. Read a chunk more of my book (and still angry because they are lambing OUT - his mother pursuing reluctant giving-birth ewes round a pitch black mountainous field with just a torch and on her own when they first arrived). It must have been bliss later when they had students helping at lambing. I sat on the sofa and strigged the Elderberries and froze them (1lb). I can cook them up into Syrup another day and may wander out and try and find some to join them tomorrow, though I don't recall seeing any on recent walks. Perhaps the old railway line . . .
I managed to persuade Ebay to let me have the money for the scooter, so that is in my account now. However, whilst checking my bank account I noticed that Plusnet had taken £49 from my bank in payment for my broadband this past month. I don't think so! Just gone out of contract, so I have renewed it for 24 months much more cheaply.
I've done some more of my x-stitch but have made an error, so must do some unpicking. Sod's Law.
Then I made a big decision this morning, something I have been thinking about for a while, and I took the lovely willow basket with Keith's ashes in up to my bedroom, and put it on his big chest of drawers, a tall Carmarthenshire-made one we bought at an early auction in Wales. It cost £180 I remember. Anyway, downstairs there was a little scattering of ashy dust where the basket had been so I rubbed my hand over it and went out to his workshop and rubbed it across his old workbench, where he had always been happy. A bit of him will be with it always now. There were tears, of course.
Then there was a timely arrival - the Just X-Stitch magazine I had bought on Ebay. Some really lovely designs in it.
I have twice taken this photo, the right way up and twice the computer had decided it needs to be viewed sideways. Apologies.
And a sideways cat, which I am going to make for "I".
Tea tonight is a cheating one - boughten Scampi, with a potato cut up for home made chips, and left-over veg.
Yesterday's long-haul Podcasts were great - The Rest is History's in depth discussion about Jack the Ripper and his victims. I have 3/4 one left to listen to.
Isn't this copper dipper lovely? I gave it a polish up, to go with my kitchenalia at the weekend. Tempted to keep it but don't need it.
A little German lemon squeezer. SO cute.
Well, I need to get the veg out now, so will leave you contemplating an autumn calendar now that September has arrived.






No comments:
Post a Comment