I wrote my post then checked on my side bar to see if Blogger had sorted itself out now, but no - it has shot itself in the foot, and several blogs have gone right out of order and when clicked on (Going Gently is one of them) just appear in gibberish - the HTML? view. This is getting ridiculous. Just done a search on this and last month lots of "hobbyist" blogs were blocked under a Malware False Positive issue. Don't know quite what is happening but it is frustrating . . . Moments later, refreshed again, and the blogs have returned! Crazy.
* * * *
I must have slept awkwardly as I woke this morning with my SI pain stretching up to my right shoulder (that is the route of muscle attachment). I have just checked my calendar and Sunday is Malvern Flea. I don't think I shall be going, as hauling my camping trolley round would be the worst thing for shoulder and hip. I'm not much good at Being Sensible . . . but needs must.
Yesterday I was auditioning fabrics for a new curtain for the main bathroom, and one for the door there too as the lace effort there at the moment doesn't really give total privacy.
These all tie in nicely with the tiles I have in there. A good way of using up my stash. It will be a simple pattern. I'm not sure how long I can sit and sew right now though. If only the painkillers worked. . .
Yesterday I had my asthma clinic check (OK), and then went on to do the shopping. I needed some hair conditioner, as I have just about reached the end of a couple of bottles left behind by my girls. I was really quite shocked at the stupid prices on them in Tesco (I did my main shop in Lidl - £23). Most were £4 plus, many £6 - £8. Oh come on, that is just daft especially when I look on Amazon (not renowned for being cheap) and they are half that price on there! I paid 89p for a bottle, on the principle you can only spend it once . . .
You can just about make out the little Swallow perched on the phone wire. I noticed it sat there for 15 mins or so, resting on its way home to Africa. A youngster, as full tail feathers not developed yet. On the roof, I had 3 Spotted Flycatchers, and two Pied Wagtails, and it was a joy to see them. In the shrubs on the bank this week, there has been a female Bullfinch and a couple of Chiff Chaffs. It's lovely that my garden attracts so many different birds.
Close up of a Robin's Pin Cushion. Tam from Llandod - best picking of blackberries up opposite the giant boulder blocking the gateway in the last few hundred yards of the path.
Not a lot happening here. Still reading Death in a Desert Land, and yesterday's podcast was an interview with the proprietor - Christina Oakley Harrington - of Treadwell's bookshop in London, which specializes in Esoteric books - Pagan, Wicca, Occult etc. She grew up in several countries, speaks various dead languages and had an Anthropologist as her dad. This podcast was on The Three Ravens. Made quite a change from Samuel Johnson last week!
Both Pam and Tam bought me apples, so I am a bit unsure what I can do with them all now the freezer is full and Tam has my dehumidifier . . . In the past I made chutney - but I can no longer make that as the fumes upset my asthma.
Looking outside, there are rainclouds, so I had best get out for my walk before it comes on to rain.



How lovely to see such a variety of birds. Apples--applesauce? Tho I suppose it has to be properly ''canned''/ preserved. Wrap in newspaper and store in a cool dark place?
ReplyDeleteI will store the good ones in a box, wrapped in paper. My friend who gave me them asked if she should clean her jars with Milton before putting the stewed apple in. I explained about bottling, and advised her to freeze them! She is a townie and new to this !! I sent her away with newspaper yesterday to wrap up her picked ones and she stewed up the fallers.
ReplyDeleteWhat is Milton? A dish soap? I didn't think of freezing, maybe a few bags cut in usable crescents for pie or tart or cake. If freezing makes them mushy it won't matter in a pie. I also forgot to say your collection of rich blue fabrics is lovely.///Could you go to Malvern for the fun of seeing old friends and walking around, no shopping cart needed. When I flea marketed a lot I d ask dealers to hold my purchases then lick up as I was leaving. [if you succumb to something big].
DeleteFruit leather?
ReplyDeleteAnna.
Anna - thank you. Will give that a try on Thursday.
ReplyDeleteIt must be lovely seeing lots of different birdlife so close. Goldfinches, blue tits and great tits are the only regulars here - my garden is too enclosed for more visitors.
ReplyDeleteHope you are able to sit for longer soon
I am fortunate in that my garden is surrounded by woodland and fairly open around the house. We have so many different sorts of birds and in the spring the morning and evening choruses are wonderful. Shoulder now worse than hip!
DeleteOh, what gorgeous fabrics. Fruit leather is a great way to use up the apples.
ReplyDeleteGod bless.
I shall see how I get on tomorrow. I cut and sewed a few dark/light pairs from 3 fabrics last night but cutting was so painful as my shoulder is now playing up - muscles associated with the hip . . .
DeleteApple crisp put away in portions? Heated through and topped with a nice scoop of ice cream...a nice treat for a winter night.
ReplyDeleteI don't think I have ever had apple crisp. Will check it out.
ReplyDelete