Tuesday 5 October 2021

When there was still sunshine about!

 


Few words tonight as my asthma's not been very good and I was awake half the night (from 3.45 onwards).  Photos from a walk up the hill recently - just before tea on Saturday I think.  


Update: Wednesday morning now and I am feeling more like my old self now I have caught up on my sleep a bit.  Yeesh - yesterday was not a good day to be inside my body - the brain just wasn't syncing at all!  We have another "bruised" sky start to the day here so I am guessing a lot more rain is in the offing.  I didn't catch a weather forecast yesterday.


Yesterday afternoon we put my bright craft light to good use to put back together the two lengths of cable and the rocker switch for one of the lamps in the last post.  Unfortunately when we plugged it in, zilch, so we need to go into the ironmongers in town and get replacement rocker switches now.  I have to say, the craft light was a great improvement on holding a torch under my chin to give some light!


I took my camera with me yesterday, planning to stop and get some photos up on the Eppynts, but in the end nothing really caught my eye as a striking picture.  A shame I couldn't have stopped on the way back from Carmarthen on Monday, as there were some Rowan trees absolutely laden with berries with a backdrop of dark green conifers and with the sun on them too.  Along the hedgerows (those that haven't been cut back for the winter) there are the last of the Rosebay Willowherb leaves, their brilliant flame pink and amber foliage fading now.  



A hint of a rainbow.



Nature is always hopeful.


Right, my brain is saying it's had too much screen time.  An early night for me tonight.

8 comments:

  1. Those are lovely views where you live.
    Hope you have a better night tonight x

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I only woke up twice and nodded off again shortly afterwards, so I don't feel quite so ghastly today. We are SO fortunate with the views - better than where we lived before and that had some crackers, though we do miss the view across to the Carmarthen Fans.

      Delete
  2. Just look at that lovely rainbow!!!

    Hope you feel better soon.

    God bless.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. There had been bigger and better ones, just managed to catch this when I got to an appropriate gateway.

      Doing Too Much and not sleeping well is not a good combination!

      Delete
  3. What gorgeous scenery for you to be able to walk, view and photograph!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Indeed, and we discovered a new walk this afternoon, so more lovely views to come.

      Delete
  4. Lovely light layered landscapes.

    Couldn't resist the alliteration. :)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Alliteration allowed Mary! It's lovely here.

      Delete