Monday 11 April 2022

Birthday celebrations

 This was that variety of birthday that had a nought on the end.  The offspring all came to stay the weekend and we had a lovely time.  I was spoilt absolutely rotten and didn't lift a finger all day on The Day.  I had some lovely gifts - roses of course, to make the garden even more to my liking; a really good bottle of organic red wine; a book with my name running through it like Blackpool Rock as it was called Painted Temple and is all about painted plaster walls and wonderful rood screens in Welsh Churches; and middle daughter knocked me sideways with a pair of super duper cook pans from Our Place (what makes you think she's after my Le Creuset set!?!  Keith had bought my present months ago when he bought me Heritage fruit trees.



This beautiful bouquet was a total surprise too, sent by my Hampshire cousins.  I really wasn't expecting anything more than a card! They came in a huge M&S box.

    Yesterday Tam and I had to pick up a Microwave she had bought for her new flat and it was in a beautiful spot near Aberedw.  I'll do a post for that later in the week.

    Meanwhile here are some of the Primroses I have in the garden here.  I let the ones on the Bank go uncut half the summer and they have rewarded me with a profusion of new plants. I have more Primroses in my garden than anywhere else I've seen them growing on my travels.

 




The bit below is about to have the wooden frames taken up, and it will be weeded and dug ready to have some roses and perennials put there.  I may move some of the Primroses into the shady area behind the pond.


Today I am feeling very grateful for beautiful surroundings, a caring loving family, good friends and the prospect of a new kitchen (having been to Wrens today to get my quote). Also, having been fearing the worst about a friend who I knew had been ill, I heard from her at the weekend for the first time since last summer. 


Little Whale and Alfie enjoying the sunshine.

22 comments:

  1. Belated birthday wishes to you. Good to hear that you had such a wonderful time.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you JayCee. It was a special day, and sunshine from start to finish too :)

      Delete
  2. Happy Birthday! What a wonderful day!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you Lizzy. I shall remember it for a long time to come.

      Delete
  3. Really pleased that you enjoyed a lovely birthday with your family. It was my birthday on the 29th March so we are both Aries. So glad that I found your blog several years ago as I love all your wondersul photos. Many more birthdays to come I hope, best wishes from us
    Wendy (Wales)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Hello fellow Aries Wendy. So glad that you enjoy following my blog. The scenery, as you know, is so lovely in Wales, it's hard to take a bad photo! Hopefully many more birthdays yet for both of us and the friends I have made blogging.

      Delete
  4. Happy birthday! It sounds as if you got exactly what you deserve for your birthday: abundantly blessed!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you Debby. It cheered me up no end as I have been so down in the dumps lately. I am blessed, that's for sure.

      Delete
  5. A belated Happy Birthday. Sounds like the perfect day.

    God bless.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you Jackie. Yes, it was the perfect day. Sunshine all day long too.

      Delete
  6. Must have been your 40th I reckon!
    I'm glad you had a good day with beautiful gifts.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Written with tongue in cheek I reckon, as you're just a tad out Sue!

      Delete
  7. A belated Happy Birthday - it sounds like a wonderful day surrounded by family with some lovely gifts. The primroses look lovely.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you. I will have to let the Primroses set seed before the lawn they grow in is trimmed. We have twice as many as last year.

      Delete
  8. It sounds a lovely birthday Jennie with the family around you.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I couldn't wish for a nicer one. It's so lovely to have them all home.

      Delete
  9. Belated Happy Birthday wishes, it sounds like you had a very good day.

    It seems that there are a lot of us having birthdays this month!!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks Sue. Lots of Aries/Taurus folk around I am guessing. My son's later this month too.

      Delete
  10. Belated Birthday Wishes from me too. Glad you had a wonderful weekend.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you my dear. Now we have a warm Easter to look forward to.

      Delete
  11. Very belated happy birthday to you! What a lovely day you had. I hope it helped lift you out of the dumps for a while. Celie

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you Celie. I am definitely feeling a bit more positive now thanks.

      Delete