Saturday, 19 September 2026

A definite improvement, and patchwork

 


I am relieved to report that my stye is a lot less inflamed - I have changed to a thicker eye gel rather than drops at night - a bit like putting a slug in but it lasts all night and keeps the eye from drying.  In the day, I am using drops too, both ones Gabby got for me as samples.  OK, I wake up in the morning with my eyes feeling like they have had vaseline smeared all around them - just like we used to do when we were showing my friend's part-bred Arab horses, when we put Vaseline around their eyes and on their muzzles.  Oh and sprayed their coats with Pledge furniture polish to really make them shine!!

The yellows are actually deeper than they appear here.  They will hopefully tie in when I start putting them together.  The butterfly print is too wan.  


It rained hard this morning.  I polished the kitchen table and a couple of Windsor chairs, and did some work on the curtains.  It's a start anyway.


No sign of my neighbours but their cars aren't there so they have popped out somewhere.  Update - caught up with them and have met Sam's girlfriend.  She's lovely.

I've just been down at Pam's helping her pick the apples from the tallest branches - the biggest apples of course.  Now I have lots to lay down for autumn and winter.

Now a quick meal and do my rolls for tomorrow.  Pastrami, with a small container of chopped salad.

Enjoy your weekend.

14 comments:

  1. The fabrics to finish the quilts are perfect, how well you did ordering online. This will be a beautiful quilt. The large scale floral peeping out at the top of the second pc is so lovely and a pleasing change of scale. I hope it works in your plan.
    The blue patchwork is far too beautiful to just be curtains! It should be a quilt, it is gorgeous.
    I m so glad your eye is better. But those poor horses--Pledge? Really? Didn't it hurt their skin?

    Have a good weekend, enjoy the Malvern fair. Does the rain affect the attendance oor amount of dealers? You're shopping not selling, right?
    love
    lizzy

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Haha - the large scale floral at the top is my lovely wallpaper. It's a yellow version of Almond Blossom, by Van Gogh. It would go beautifully wouldn't it?!

      The Pledge got wiped off later and never harmed them.

      The rain affects sellers, and fewer buyers too. I am needing a day out and looking for some blue china.

      Delete
    2. Maybe you should use the quilt yourself in the room w the gorgeous wall paper. At first I thought ''wallpaper'' but then was hoping it was a beautiful fabric.
      Love;y.

      I hope the Fair is so fun, wish I was going. My brother btw spent two days so far at the ''Extravaganza'' market. So far he and SIL have bought two firkins, one unpainted; three toy boats and a toy bus, and some kitchen tins I remember my dad kept nails in. LOL, LOL. I watch the live feed on IG and see so many wonderful finds. I could fill a truck. Hope your day is a success.

      Delete
    3. At least your brother found some things worth buying. I wonder what he would have thought of Malvern yesterday? It is really going downhill compared with how it was when we first started going, about 2014 or 15. Nice that you can view the live feed on IG.

      Delete
  2. Free food is always good, pies, crumbles, baked. We’re here in Salcombe but a terrible journey. The M42 was shut, then roadworks just about everywhere. And it rained! Hopefully the weather will improve and the cottage is sweet. Xx

    ReplyDelete
  3. Indeed. Lovely big apples too. Sorry that the journey was so horrid. You must have been very glad to finally arrive. Your forecast for the week doesn't show rain. Enjoy the sweet cottage and the scenery.

    ReplyDelete
  4. That is good news your eye is improving. The fabrics are lovely it should look really pretty when you have finished. Take care Sue H

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I have new daytime drops which pose a challenge when administering them. THey have a plungrer and I normally miss the eye entirely!

      Delete
  5. Glad to hear the eye is improving! We used to rub baby oil around the eyes and muzzles of the thoroughbred yearlings for the sales...it's amazing how sharp it made them look, especially under the lights in the auction ring. (and it smelled lovely, too!). Beautiful fabric colours! And your purple sneakers are FAB!! :) ~melanie

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Yes, shiny eyes and noses help! Everyone remarks on my purple sneakers!! They cheer me up.

      Delete
  6. The butterfly tone-on-tone looks very similar to one I have in cream. I made an 'Ohio Star' quilt several years ago in shades of palest yellow with pansy prints [purples, violets, lavenders] as the center block/focal print. Not my usual color choices but it was fresh and pretty. I hope you're nearly through the stage of picking out stitches.
    Good to know that the stye is subsiding--isn't there just always 'something' to deal with?

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Stitches all unpicked - I had a session Thursday evening and with the aid of Pat's very fine stitch ripper and my magnifying glass craft lamp, cracked it. That quilt you made sounds so pretty.

      I will be glad to get my 2nd chiro appt. done and dusted as fed up with having a "bad back".

      Delete
  7. Isn't this your second style. Or am I misremembering?:that yellow and blue look so lovely together. Slava Ukraine!

    ReplyDelete
  8. No, just one stye. Pus soon went but crater it filled still very slow healing. Yes, Ukrainian colours for Rosie's quilt.

    ReplyDelete