Monday, 31 August 2026

Exhausted

 I really didn't want to get up when the alarm(s) went off this morning.  I think I really did need more sleep, as by the time I had driven partly in near darkness and then driving into the rising sun, I found if I leaned forward when I was at the Fair, my head was a bit dizzy.  I wasn't excited before going, on the way, or once there.  This is unusual.  Anyway, I saw old friends and had a lovely chat with some dealers I'd not met before, and when I got back to the car, the chap in the next car and I had a good chat too.  The day was not wasted.


I loved this box lid, but unfortunately by the time I reached it I ony had the princely sum of £2.23 left in my bag . . .

I ended up with less money to spend as I was lucky enough to find Rosie's Christmas present.  


I had planned to buy her a Doll's House.  I didn't plan on buying her a Mansion house, but hey-ho.  I really loved this and it came complete with a big box of house contents.  This hit the exchequer with a big bite, but the Christmas present buying is going well and I hope to be done and dusted with it by the end of October latest. Looking up dolls houses on Ebay and Etsy, some of them are big prices in the hundreds.  The scale models of Georgian dollshouses especially.  One Oxford House kit was £650!!  I always remember a wonderful dollshouse shop in Bath, which sold tiny pineapples, bowls of fruit, copper cookware, chandaliers.  Ooh I was a child again!


These stunning German pieces were on the North & South Vintage stall and I had a lovely chat with the owners.  Very special designs these.


On a friend's stall.


On another friend's stall.  Beautifully stitched.


I loved this (on yet another friend's stall - we always chat, esp. as she's horsey).  





Last 3 photos from one of the Builth "neighbours" I chat to.  I would love the little stable in the background.


The view when I plonked myself down on a bench to ease my aching arms and shoulders (that dolls house is hefty).  Fortunately another friend helped balance it on the camping trolley on the way back to the car over the rough bit of track, and helped me lift it into the car.

I am so glad that tonight's meal is leftovers from last night.  All I want to do is sit down and do nothing now.  Think I will take a Panadol and see if that will ease my head, which is a bit tight from all the concentration today.

Coming home, I passed lots of bikers going home in the opposite direction.  There has been the usual Bank Holiday biker fest on the showground and they had it wet in their tents, poor souls.   I hope you all had a lovely weekend.  Tomorrow is September.  I am SO glad Autumn has arrived.

No comments:

Post a Comment