Sunday 30 September 2018

A couple of car boot sale gems.


Mr Donkey and Mrs Wabbit were from this morning's car boot sale. His legs are a bit gammy so he's a Wonky Donkey!  I had to do some stitching to put his bridle back together and fasten his girth which was hanging loose and a moth-nibble on the elbow had to be fixed too (NOT easy as saddle in the way and that leg well-stuffed.

Mrs Rabbit just had her pinny washed and ironed.



I bought this patriotic WW1 embroidery yesterday.  Never seen anything quite like it before and it has lasted well.  Note British and Australian flags.


Finally, this arrived today, along with the Firestick to replace the broken one.  When I found the latest Barbara Erskine book offered on Amazon at half the price it is in the shops there was no ethical debate.  Sorry bookshops . . . have to go for value for money.  I finished re-reading Barbara Erskine's "Kingdom of Shadows" yesterday.  If you've not read it for a bit (or not read it at all), it's a brilliant story.



All I want to do is to settle down and read, as I'm tired after a very bad night's sleep and an early start this morning, then cake baking for about 2 hours.  However, I need to crack on with redecorating our bedroom . . .

8 comments:

  1. Another girl who loves a rummage at the car boot I am just about to write about my buys this week, that embroidery is beautiful, lucky find.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Oh yes, car-boot-aholic here too. Always have been. I shall go and see what you found now. The embroidery is unusual and something different for the militaria side of my wee business.

      Delete
  2. I adore your sweet donkey and his friend the bunny and the embroidery from WWI.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Aren't they cute? It was nice sitting down and "mending" the wonky donkey. The embroidery is unusual and I'm wondering if the pattern came from a woman's magazine?

      Delete
  3. Mr. Donkey is quite dapper, and Mrs. Wabbits pinny is just perfect for her.

    Love the embroidery!

    God bless.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Wonky Donkey is very cute, stitched with love, I imagine, and all the better for that. I hope you are feeling a bit more rested today - you need to slow down, lassie!

    ReplyDelete
  5. I love those old toys, look handmade. I'm glad someone is taking care of them.

    ReplyDelete