Friday 14 September 2018

Last photos from Carmarthen Museum


This is just outside Carmarthen (ages since we've been there so I must go again).  As you can see from the photo, the church is on the edge of a MUCH earlier site.





8 is the one on the left, and we found one of these laying about in the yard . . .  I must find out the box it's in and take a photo for comparison.


My children will remember this school room well, as every time we went to the Museum (and the one at Brecon, which also had a schoolroom) I would be Teacher!


Sorry for the reflection, but this is a room set out as it was used in the cottage a couple of photos below.






This is the small farmhouse which the room settings came from.  Looks pretty basic, but I bet it was spick and span inside.  The wriggly tin on the roof is a replacement for the thatch which once covered it.



A photo of our river with the lovely scalloped rocks - taken down by the Mill I think.  (Not my photo, but one on display in the Museum.)


General Picton was our local hero.


Finally, the Museum from the outside.

13 comments:

  1. Really enjoyed these posts. Thank you for taking us.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Glad you enjoyed walking round the museum with me Jill.

    ReplyDelete
  3. You live in such a beautiful place. Love the scalloped rocks in your river.

    cheers, parsnip and badger

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I am so lucky to live here, as it is really lovely. Think of the thousands of years it took the water to wear away the rock like that.

      Delete
  4. Some of the photos are not showing up Jennie, perhaps they will come back later. The school room looks a very solemn place.

    ReplyDelete
  5. Scrub that, they have all showed up now.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I'm glad they all decided to load for you. The school room does look like the Three R's were strictly taught!

      Delete
  6. Really good trip to the museum, I've enjoyed your visit. Room settings are always the best.
    That monument must have made a pretty posh garden wall, good thing it was rescued for all to see

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. If you like room settings, you will love the Scolton Manor photos when I put them up Sue. It certainly WAS a posh garden wall!

      Delete
  7. This is another fascinating post but, the photograph which I love most of all is the one of the rocks and river, that is mind-bogglingly beautiful. The Forces of Nature as artist.
    I hope you manage to find your fossil, that must have been an exciting find.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. It is a lovely photo. I will fossick about for that fossil - I knew exactly where it was until we got the new dressers, now I will have to locate the box of bits that came from the old school cupboard.

      Delete
  8. I love coming for a visit and seeing all your lovely photos.

    God bless.

    ReplyDelete
  9. Hi Jackie. Glad to have you visiting. I will put up some early sculptured stone crosses before I go back to Museum postings of Scolton Manor. I hope you enjoy those too.

    ReplyDelete