Friday 18 October 2024

Malvern Quilt Show 2024

 I decided I would go to the Quilt Show at Malvern today, and so of course, I had a rotten night's sleep and was awake half the night.  I wasn't exactly rushing out the door this morning and got there just before mid-day.  I have to say, normally there are some really WOW quilts there, but this time those seemed to be a minority sector.  Sashiko Samples - nah, not for me.  Threads That Bind Me - some interesting entries, but again, not my thing, nor was ScrapYard.  My mind just doesn't work like that!  Some nice quilts but I really don't like to see everything long-arm machine quilted.  I sound a right old misery don't I?  Here's the link to the Show anyway and here are some of the photos I took.



Gosh, couldn't have made this - made me feel quite dizzy! As did the one below. Both cleverly done though.



Above and below.  Cleverly done, but not really "me".





A HUGE Sashiko sampler quilt.




Above: this was more of a WOW!


A very pretty Pinwheel quilt.






These were pretty and must have taken a lot of planning as well as sewing. The giant-ness of the hexi's below made me smile.



A hexi quilt - it had to be done.  Love the collisions of colours.


These were fun - entries for what must have been a Beach Hut category.



Below: Entries for the Mills category.  One lady had thought outside the box and done a still life with a big Pepperpot :)  I really liked the one on the left here.




Below: this lovely quilt was on one of the stands selling fabrics.  More my sort of thing.

Did I buy much?  Did I blow the budget?  You'll have to wait until tomorrow to find out . . .  Hope you enjoyed the wander round with me.  I don't think I went last year, and the mixture of stalls had changed.  No-one selling paper piecing shapes, or some of the more unusual stands I remember, esp. one specializing in different textured felts; very few books; instead several stands selling Doc Martins, handbags, and clothing . . . why?  It's a QUILT show.  Plus a chap outside had a marquee and was selling various wicker baskets.

I had to drive through a badly flooded bit of road on the way to Hereford - we viewed a house there, and the Agent asked us if we'd heard of Letton Lakes? Well, saw it today . . . and drove through it too.  The road had been completely closed at one point but was passable with care today.  I came home via St Michael's Hospice Charity Shop and dropped off bags and bags of Keith's clothing and shoes, and two bags from Gabby too.  A job well done.  Then one final stop at Breinton Farm Shop for their home grown heritage apples (I got Russets and Ashmead's Kernal).  Right, time for Youtube now. 



3 comments:

  1. Some gorgeous quilts there
    Love the beach huts and the mills and those giant hexis.
    The black and white certainly makes the eyes go cross eyed!

    ReplyDelete
  2. The hexi's and beach huts are my favourites. The wow flower is beautiful. I am not keen on geometrical shapes. I don't know how anybody has the patience to make a full size quilt.

    ReplyDelete
  3. I like that first black and white quilt..and the Sashiko sampler one...but that is my type of thing!
    I like the blocks on the last one

    ReplyDelete