Saturday 19 October 2024

So what came home with me?

 


This chart was £3 and I liked the idea I could take bits of it to design a cushion front.  The Butterfly head pins are an absolute delight to use - fine and sharp.


Above and below: for use on finishing the charity shop hexi quilt, and leftovers to go into my stash.  The Doughty's fat 1/4 was £1.50, the material next to it was £7 metre (it's half a metre), and the blue fabrics above were I think £2 each.



First thing I bought - a bunch of 5 purple fat 1/4s originally £15, reduced to £6 the lot.  I will find a use for them.


Christmas fabric.  The two bottom pieces were more expensive, half metres at £14 the pair.  The red Christmas print was also £7 (for 1/2 m).


What cat lover could resist this print? £3 fat 1/4 I think.



This green print also made me think of Christmas, another £2 offering.

Finally, I was going to make this up for myself, but have decided it will be part of a Christmas present instead.

What I didn't buy was spray starch (£11.50 - £13.50 a time and Tam only needs a tiny bit), and I would have "liked" - rather than needed - a 2 1/2" wide measure but the Omnigrid ones were £25!  Bearing in mind prices are often hoiked up at Fairs (you need to pay for the stand and accommodation etc), I felt I could find a cheaper version elsewhere (and have, and Gabby is buying me it for Christmas).

Today has been quite warm and sunny, so I did a 2 mile walk, to the old phone box and back, listening to "London" on Audible, and stopping for a chat with horsey neighbour on the way back, and being sent home with more cooking apples. Those are always welcome.  

I spent the morning and another half an hour this afternoon working on Gabby's quilt.  The top is nearly completely pieced now so should be able to get the border on tomorrow or Monday.

Tam & Rosie arriving tomorrow, and a friend of Tam's from school days, who is staying the night.  The company will be welcome.  I hope that  Storm Ashley is on its way before they have to travel here.  Keep safe everyone.

7 comments:

  1. I like that green print.
    I must do a bit more piecing...Storm Ashley will be a good excuse!!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Those are all lovely fabrics! Very good buys.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Fabric purchases are always interesting. I especially like the reds and of course the cat print. Quilting tools seem pricey wherever they are sourced. I dread having to replace a cutting mat every few years.

    ReplyDelete
  4. I love seeing your fabric purchases and how you match them up. I don't have an eye for that. It is obvious that you do.

    I also love that your family is holding you close in these transitional days.

    ReplyDelete
  5. And that last comment was me. Sorry.

    ReplyDelete
  6. I love your fabric choices. Prices seem good too. The Houses quilt pattern is darling.

    ReplyDelete
  7. it's been howling and emptying here for hours but seems to be fading some now, although it's shifting direction so will sound worse.
    nice little haul you picked up there!

    ReplyDelete