Monday, 24 August 2026

A lucky haul from Tesco's recycled shelves and Fire Updates

 


I thought I would do the week's shop today as I needed fuel for the next Malvern Flea, and Tescopolis had an offer on the cat biscuits the cats like (Iams).  I checked out the charity bookshelves before starting my shop, and struck lucky.  All of these appear to be brand new so I wonder if they are remaindered stock from the Tesco shelves.  The two Lord John ones are particularly welcome anyway, the Elizabeth I biography looks good, Michael Jecks' books are good and the Witchfinders one could be good too.

My stye has finally calmed down, after a week, and I tried the new mascara today.  What a waste of money - managed to effectively hide my eyelashes rather than enhance them, clumped them into wafer thin bits and was very difficult to remove . . .  Back to Max Factor 2000 then . . .

Finally - pudding today - a meal early as I had a skimpy lunch of home grown Red Zebra tomatoes (I will grow these again, they're lovely) and a chunk of one of Ed's cucumbers, and the last two slices of Pastrami . . .


It's quite windy today, but I shall let my lunch go down and go for a short walk and perhaps find time to carry on with the gravel weeding.

Update, minutes later.  Another fire - Glascwm, over towards Hundredhouse, which may have started up afresh and with this wind will really spread.  Fire Brigade in attendance.  Update 3 p.m. - I can see smoke billowing up from Glascwm - it's 7 miles away as the crow flies, and there are multiple fires by the look of things on FireMap.

No comments:

Post a Comment