Saturday, 15 August 2026

Confession - I spent some money on ME

 


A post in reverse . . . this was taken on the way home from Leominster with my friend Pam again.  Hang gliders on a hillside near Hundred House. We had a lovely day out.  



Lovely old Georgian houses (some in sad condition though) at the entrance to the car park. The one with the double doors was a coaching inn, back in the day. It's called The Coach House.


A nice old sampler from 1889.


A 19th C (Berlin) woolwork picture.


Upstairs - a nice rustic Unit.



Back downstairs . . .


Love this, but not the price!  


Some nice pieces of Majolica across this stand and that FABULOUS old Welsh love spoon.

Finally, what I fell in love with last week and went back to look more closely at and purchase today:


A Gothic Revival Dole Cupboard.  A Victorian copy of a 16th C piece.  The two central panels replaced at some point I think in the last century.  Wrong handle - I will look through Keith's supply of brass reproduction drop handles for it. I love the old butterfly hinges and the small square carvings.  VERY much the sort of thing Keith and I would have put in Ynyswen. Here it is going to probably go above the settle in the kitchen, where I currently have the clock.  Need to measure up...  20" - it will fit.  I am thrilled to bits with it.  The look I like at the price I can afford!  I felt, even when I first saw it and thought WOW, that Keith was at my elbow, encouraging me to buy it . . .

No comments:

Post a Comment