Tuesday, 25 August 2026

Sky full of smoke

 All across the town and heading Eastwards, there is a pall of smoke from the fire and the air is thick with it.  I will definitely have to use my mask today to go and water round at Ed's.  I have to go to the PO too, to send back the dreadful mascara I bought online.  It is rubbish.  THen hair wash and clothes in the washing machine.


This is the smoke coming up from the Glascwm fire.  Yesterday my friend whose home overlooks a broad vista, saw some kids running along the top of a nearby hill.  Then a little while later, 9 of them on top of it again, one with a bag . . .  She was worried sick that they would set light to it.  Then she saw them in fields below the hill and managed to alert the owner of the land, who came out.  Who is to say what they had planned?  I see that two farm barns full of hay/straw have been set alight to in Herefordshire.  I feel so sorry for the farmers - loss of barns and all their winter feed/bedding . . . 

There has been a dreadful fire at Drummau Mountain too (towards Neath).  I think a Nursing home was evacuated.  Never wanted torrential rain for a week so much . . .  There looks to be some coming in on Thursday.  

Right, not a good note to start the day on.  Off to do something POSITIVE.


No comments:

Post a Comment