I found this x-stitch Robin when I was tidying up my sewing things this week. I thought I would turn him into the Christmas tree hanging he was originally meant to be. So, I folded over the edge and neatly tacked it . . . Not too difficult to do on Aida.
Then I found a film on Amazon Prime and stitched as I watched Twisters.
I enjoyed the film and the sewing. I have also discovered some Laura Ashley 1980s patchwork hexagons which I had started edging, so I will finish them off and list them on Ebay.
Well, I don't know how far my cake went as I found out that there were 12 Fire Crews from all around the area working on the fire at Glascwm. . . A few crumbs each perhaps!
We are meant to have rain starting today and very heavy tomorrow, so I hope that helps to put out remaining fire. The one at Maerdy looked very bad in the posts on Facebook.
I forgot to mention something that brought me such joy on Monday morning. I was in the bathroom and craning my neck out of the window to see if my neighbour's friend's car was still down there. The House Martins suddenly began flying up to the nests, 30 or so of them, just inches from my face, and their shadows swooping across the wall beside me. There is one last lot of eggs being laid and brooded. I'm not sure what the fledged youngsters were doing flying up to the nests in such numbers, but what a delight it was. I really miss them when they leave, even more so this year as we have had 6 nests built (2 in previous years) and so LOTS of House Martins about.
Now, I have been awake 2 hours. Perhaps if I read a bit more I may get back to sleep but I am about to hit the exciting and scary bit at the end of the book so perhaps it won't exactly lull me to sleep!


No comments:
Post a Comment