Friday 6 April 2018

Blogger!!


(Photos from last October's Fair).

Sorry, Blogger is playing up and won't let me make any changes to my draft, so you have two different fonts and I haven't been able to thank Elaine properly as it was a few of HER beautiful pieces of Japanese silk I was playing with this morning.  I will put up a photo when it is finished.

I am pleased with how it is looking - I just wanted a little bit of light to help set the scene for the glass - oh, must remember my mirror tiles too!  (Eldest daughter will be horrified that it is the china dog lamp base I am taking!  Sorry Tam - don't want to risk breaking my Gwili lamp).

I have even remembered my lovely Tramp Art bowl, which has been looking unusual with some dried flowers in it down in what was mum's bed-sitter.

7.20 p.m.  I have just sat down for the first time today - not including eating a meal, or driving.  If I thought this morning was full on, this afternoon was something else.  It took over two hours to unload the car, unpack everything (or most things) and put them on display.  We have another car full (mostly furniture) to take tomorrow. 

We chatted with dealer friends there, and had a wander round, but some of the outside stalls don't set up properly until tomorrow morning first thing.  K bought me a book I saw on a book-dealer friend's stand, about women in the Welsh valleys and their lives between the two Wars.  Only £4 so the bank wasn't broken.

Then when we got back, I hastily prepared the meal (fortunately some leftovers were in the fridge from yesterday), and then I set to and cooked two cakes, did 3 lots of washing up, 2 of drying up, then set to and painted the front of the former 1960s sewing box - now white, with a black and white fabric - I think I put a picture up?  Anyway, when I was waxing it I saw I had missed a bit with the fresh white paint so had to take some Turps on a rag to get rid of the wax, then repaint.  Then rewax.  Now it's ready to go and hopefully will find a new home tomorrow. I have set up some food to take tomorrow (lest I forget in the morning). Then I did some research on old Sheffield Bowie knife makers, and typed up smart price tags for some old Sheffield knives of the pointed variety, and FINALLY I can sit down and take my ease.  Hopefully I will sleep well tonight!


This is the inside of that 60s box on legs. 


How it started off. This gives an idea of the shape anyway.  The new top.






12 comments:

  1. What fun! I am delighted to think that you have already had a bit of a play with the silk. Best of luck at the Fair.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I think what I used will probably be too dark (certainly with the very low light bulb that was in the lamp) but I enjoyed myself and will show the results when finished - I ran out of time today.

      I hope the Fair is a good one for us all.

      Delete
  2. Good luck at the Fair. It all sounds very exciting. Hope it is a bit warmer than here in North Yorkshire.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks Pat. We enjoy it anyway, and it was quite warm today (compared with what it has been like). Now my back has just set rigid after sitting down watching two episodes of "Designated Survivor" . . .

      Delete
  3. Hope you have some nice weather and lots of people.

    cheers, parsnip

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Showery tomorrow morning parsnip, and worse on Sunday afternoon, and there are always lots of people through.

      Delete
  4. Hope you sell lots and make your fortune!

    Wonder if Bargain Hunt will be filming there again.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. No Bargain Hunt this time, but we have been told that Drew Pritchard may be doing a recce, so we will see . . . He gets around and we see him at other places we go to. Fingers x'd we do well too!

      Delete
  5. Another busy and interesting day for you!
    That`s a beautiful photo of primroses,DWx

    ReplyDelete
  6. Thanks DW. Primroses have the gentlest scent . . . When I DID sit down, my back seized up - NOT good!

    ReplyDelete
  7. Hope the Fair went well. That is a really beautiful photo of the primrose :)

    ReplyDelete
  8. It improved with keeping RR. Ref. Primrose - one of my better ones.

    ReplyDelete